Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So much to say



I was reminded by my sister that I haven't updated my blog in a while. I have meaning to for a long time, as much has been going on, but all the excuses come up. So, no more excuses! What has been going on with the Morris clan the past month or so? Well, we had Halloween, vacation with Daddy, trips to Dallas, and of course Isaac's 4th birthday! Josh took off a week from work in October, we went to Dallas for Allison's baby shower and Josh took Isaac to an airshow. Allison's shower was so much fun and she got lots of goodies for the baby. Isaac had a blast at the airshow with Josh. He loves telling people about it, he is so animated when he tells his stories. He is so much like Josh. During Josh's vacation we came back to Austin and went to the Austin Children's Museum and Zilker park. The kids loved the museum and of course had fun playing at the park. Most of all they really enjoyed having Daddy home for a whole week, and of course I enjoyed having him around.

Halloween came on a Wednesday this year and I took the kids to Josh's work so they could trick-or-treat at his office. All the employees had candy for the kids and Josh got to show off just how cute our kids are :o). Isaac was the black spiderman, Maya was a princess and Sam was a giraffe (or has Grammy says, a cow). The two older kids really got into the whole idea of Halloween this year, they loved dressing up and of course all the candy, which we are still eating. Isaac told everyone that he was the good black spiderman who saved people. Maya loved all her sparkly jewelry and princess shoes, and she twirled around whenever people asked what she was. And Sam, well he just looked super adorable in his costume. Grandma came over to our house and helped pass out candy and see the kids in their costumes.


We spent many a Friday or Wednesday night going to see Anthony and Jacob play football. The kids enjoy seeing their big cousins play and cheer them on. Maya loves playing with the pom poms and Isaac really like screaming and yelling rooting for his team. October has also been spent trying to potty train Maya. Let's just say we are still working on it. She is strong willed and headstrong. I am learning to have patience and learned quickly that forcing her was not the way to go. She has a potty chart and loves putting her princess and kitty cat stickers on her chart.

We had a very sad beginning of November as Josh's cousin Gena passed away. She battled with cancer for the past 4 1/2 years. The funeral was beautiful and the church service was packed with all the people she touched. I know I will truly miss her, she was the first one of Josh's extended family to make feel so welcome into the Hartley clan. When I tell people about her I still can't help but get teary eyed because she was such a beautiful human being. We are all so blessed to have had the chance to know her.


Isaac's birthday was yesterday, he is now 4 years old!! He is such a big boy, so smart and funny. He reminds me so much of Josh, especially his story telling. We made cookies so he could take them to school and share them with his friends. Later that night we took him to dinner and went to soccer practice. We are having a small party for him on Saturday, he is looking forward to it so much. He is standing next to me right now as I type and wants me to include that he is going to the doctors office after his party. O, and he just kissed my arm and told me he loved me... made my day! Maya wants me to include that princess Maya likes playing with Isaac, and she says this as she twirls around. Well, the kids are begging me to play bubbles with them outside and I am running out of five more minutes. Till next time, which hopefully won't be too much longer.

No comments: