Thursday, April 17, 2008

Is everything okay, mam?

I was surprised yesterday afternoon when I heard a loud knock on the door, then to see a man peering through my window. I opened the door to find a police officer (yes, I saw that he was a cop before I opened the door ). He asked if everything was okay because they received a 911 hang-up call from our house. I informed him that it must have been my son, Isaac. You see, he just learned about calling 911 from their firetruck tour at school (see previous post). I guess I should have gone over it with him about what an emergency was. He asked if he could come in and check everything out. Of course I let him in, sadly my house was not the cleanest with toys all over the living room and the kids glued to the TV in my room (they sometimes sneak away to catch some cartoons in my room when I tell them no TV.. yes, they listen so well). The police officer asked Isaac if he called 911. Isaac then proceeded to go on some long tangent about who knows what. Something about our neighbor and his mom. All I could think was, how does this sound, is the officer going to believe me that all is well, what else is Isaac going to tell him. Have I reprimanded him lately, yelled, been "mean" mommy? I guess the officer knew that everything was okay and that it was all an accident. He told Isaac that he shouldn't call 911 when there isn't an emergency. After the officer left I had a long talk with Isaac. He was a little scared and cried a little when we had our talk. Hopefully he learned his lesson, but now I need to worry about Maya.. she now knows all about 911.

1 comment:

Tamara Rhodes said...

LMAO!!!!

O...that sounds so much like something we might have done as kids.

:D